RE: [linux-audio-user] ... like an old vinyl

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] ... like an old vinyl
From: Reuben Martin (MartinR_AT_jbu.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 01:33:37 EEST

Granted, that is harsh. But then again you have to consider that the person listening to it may not know that you are trying to make it sound like old vinyl. Unless you make it particularlly obvious that you actually want it to sound like old vinyl the listener may just think you did a crappy recording job.

Personally I've used this meathond and the less of a rolloff on either end and the less mix from the fuzz from the record the newer it will sound and vice versa. It's ultimately up to you though how you want it to sound.

regards
-Reuben