RE: [linux-audio-user] mounting network drives for dummies?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] mounting network drives for dummies?
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 16:53:18 EET

> --- Mark Knecht <markknecht_AT_comcast.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've got two Linux boxes, one Gentoo and the
> > other PlanetCCRMA. I
> > need to move about 10GB of data from one to the
> > other. How can I do
> > this? I guess that over Ethernet maybe Samba or NFS
> > might work?
>
> If it's a one time kind of job, from the machine with
> the data on it 'scp foo
> username_AT_machinename:/home/username/destination/' or
> from remote 'scp
> username_AT_machinename:/home/username/filename .' will
> copy to the directory from which you execute the
> command.

Thanks Ron, and to everyone else that answered. scp, using the -r option
and -c blowfish, is perfect for what I wanted to accomplish. Not only does
it work between my local machines, but it also worked nicely across the
Internet between my day job office and the house.

I am indebted!

Many thanks,
Mark