Re: [linux-audio-user] mounting network drives for dummies?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] mounting network drives for dummies?
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 17:34:24 EET

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 06:53:18AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Thanks Ron, and to everyone else that answered. scp, using the -r option
> and -c blowfish, is perfect for what I wanted to accomplish. Not only does
> it work between my local machines, but it also worked nicely across the
> Internet between my day job office and the house.
>
> I am indebted!

cool. If you do this kind of thing a lot you may find rsync's added
features worthwhile. Rsync makes it very easy and fast to sync a large
directory tree where only some files have changed.

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com Look! Up in the sky! It's UNDULATING IRISHMAN! (random hero from isometric.spaceninja.com)