Re: [linux-audio-user] Announcing Gnomoradio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Announcing Gnomoradio
From: iriXx (m_AT_irixx.org)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 17:59:20 EET

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> iriXx hat gesagt: // iriXx wrote:
>

>>Guy Daniel CLOTILDE wrote:

>>>stepping inside... There's nothing wrong, but if it costs something
>>>(again, nothing wrong) then it's not... free. I think that's what Frank
>>>was pointing out.
>>
>>RMS would disagree.
>

> No. The "it" in "it is not free" here means the right to distribute
> something (also commercially), and if this costs something, "it" is not
> free in the RMS sense.

have you read RMS's essay on freedom and why freedom also includes the
programmer's need to eat?

m~

--

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

Musicians say No to RIAA Persecution and Prosecution of Music Lovers!

Sign the petition at http://www.copyleftmedia.org.uk/justsayno/

.::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.