[linux-audio-user] Re: The skipping forward cursor 'bug' fixed!

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: The skipping forward cursor 'bug' fixed!
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 11:54:14 EET

> If you're not sure if you are running kdm or gdm, kdm is the one
> with the list of user icons you can click on, while gdm just has
> the hostname and two boxes for username and password - using the
> Mandrake 9.1 default configuration, at least.

My mistake - the second one I'm talking about here is xdm, not gdm.
gdm is the display/login manager that comes with GNOME - it asks you
for your username, then the password box comes up after that.

Still, this bug only affects users of kdm, it seems. You're probably
running kdm if you've installed a KDE desktop as the default. It
still happens even if you are running a desktop other than KDE, eg
Blackbox, if you've logged in via kdm. It affects machines with both
standard and multimedia kernels.

To recap, Austin's fix for the skipping Audacity cursor is:

Adjust the -n level from -10 to 0 in the file /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers so
the last line looks like this:

:0 local /bin/nice -n 0 /usr/X11R6/bin/X -deferglyphs 16

If someone could add this to the Audacity FAQ, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers

Daniel