Re: [linux-audio-user] Audacity segfaults

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Audacity segfaults
From: Felix Dijder (loauc_AT_hotpop.com)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 19:53:50 EET

Austin wrote:

>On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 00:20, Felix Dijder wrote:
>

>>Hi, I'm trying audacity 1.1.1 on mandrake 9.1 with multimedia kernel and if I
>>try to change my output device on the preferences menu it just quits and
>>prints a Segmentation fault on the terminal.
>>
>>I think this version is unstable, which should I get?
>>

>$ wget
>http://mandrake.contactel.cz/Mandrake-devel/contrib/SRPMS/audacity-1.2.0-0.pre3.1mdk.src.rpm
># rpm --rebuild audacity-1.2.0-0.pre3.1mdk.src.rpm
># urpmi /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i586/audacity-1.2.0-0.pre3.1mdk.i586.rpm
>
>It may tell you to install some devel libraries first.
>
>Austin

Thanks now Audacity is up and running. I had been trying the whole day
but now it works. Hardest part was figuring out how rpmi works and how
to add dependencies with the suffix -devel. The only one I couldn't find
was wxGTK-2.5-devel but I installed 2.4 and then rpm --rebuilt --nodeps
. But maybe that's the reason the GUI doesn't show up in some buttons.

Felix.