Re: [linux-audio-user] next step in my linux audio project...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] next step in my linux audio project...
From: Hartmut Z Noack (symposion_AT_onlinehome.de)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 15:03:32 EET

Am Die, 2003-11-11 um 09.02 schrieb Aaron Trumm:
> Hello all
>
> Ok I'm to the next phase of my linux audio project and that is getting real
> cuddly familiar with composing/tone generating stuff - soft synths,
> sequencers, etc. anything that juices the first step of the creative
> process
>
> what do people like to use? reccommend? badass tutorials?
>
> obviously, since I'm using planet ccrma I'm well on my way, but I thought
> I'd ask people :)

> Houston Poetry Slam Team
> www.houstonpoetryslam.com
> NQuit Records
> www.nquit.com

to get good synthsounds and some strange hi quality noises: ZynaddSubFX
to get everything taht could be described as "a sound": ams (plus
ladspa)
to arrange it: muse
to record/mix it: ardour

if you are satisfied with ccrma, just get the stuff and enjoy
if you are looking for something else :

http://rpm.nyvalls.se/sound9.1.html

beside some of the best in Linux Audio (and Imaging ...) as binaries for
the excellent MANDRAKE-Linux 9.1 (including *all* needed deps!) you'll
find some really usefull tutorials there also