[linux-audio-user] midi timing problems

Subject: [linux-audio-user] midi timing problems
From: James Stone (stone1_AT_btinternet.com)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 23:13:58 EET

Hello everyone.

I have a problem with midi timing.. I think I have set up enhanced rtc
correctly and low latency patch on kernel 2.4.20.

When I drive hydrogen (or even the inbuilt soundfont player on my
SBLive) with seq24 or ardour, there is a noticable variation in midi
timing. This was tested by using a run of closed hihats. When I play the
sequence back, the hihats are grouped in batches rather than being
evenly spaced. This was noticable when running as root and when using
alsa and (to a lesser extent) jack. The midi connection is via alsa.

Any hints on what I should do?

James