[linux-audio-user] Retro UNIX Programming for Audio

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Retro UNIX Programming for Audio
From: davidrclark_AT_earthlink.net
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 00:02:29 EET

Greetings Linux Audio Users.

This posting is to announce and describe a project that I have
undertaken over the past two years with the grand hope that somebody
may care. My goal is to gauge outside interest to determine whether
or not to spend time packaging the source code for distribution, which
I have not even started yet. It would be some time before a release
package was available, for which I apologize.

To provide a very brief description of the project: It could be
described as CSound without the CSound environment; things are done
via ordinary scripts and at the command line. It's also like the
GLAME Filternetwork, but without pictures or a GUI. A lame version of
GLAME? Perhaps it most closely resembles ecasound, except that it's a
set of programs for audio in the same manner that awk, grep, tr,
paste, and sed are for text files. Ah, but there is more....

BACKGROUND

A couple of years ago, I decided to tackle PHYSICAL MODELLING of large
rooms such as concert halls...

So as not to clutter things up for everyone, continued on:

home.earthlink.net/

TILDEdavidrclark

/linux_audio_users/project_announce.html

where TILDE is ~ or shift-accent-grave, and the three lines are
combined into one URL.