Re: [linux-audio-user] JACK-0.90.0 Released

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] JACK-0.90.0 Released
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 11:54:00 EET

> jack now has a "freewheeling" mode for faster
> than realtime operation.

Faster than realtime? Does this require loading the einstein kernel
module?

Seriously, folks, I can appreciate that what is probably meant is
'faster than what the hardware considers to be realtime', but I think
we have to be careful with the semantics here. Otherwise, people will
think that Linux audio developers are promising the impossible!

Imagine: 'I overdubbed the guitar track and the second instrument came
in half a second before the first, while on Windows it comes in half
a second later. Linux rocks - and bends space-time too!'

Cheers

Daniel