Re: [linux-audio-user] Via 8233

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Via 8233
From: Lean Fuglsang (lean_AT_omnia.dk)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 18:33:06 EET

I guess this is a long shot, but do any of you guys know how to get
digital
> out/SPDIF sound working on a Via 8233 sound chip?
>
> I have searched high and low for an answer to this and have had no luck at
> all.

Looks like I am in the same boat as you...
What does the first line of /proc/asound/card0/ac97#0 say?

Also did you by any chance get the rear speakers working? I need a
detailed explenation, because it simply doesn't work for me.