[linux-audio-user] Re: Via 8233

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Via 8233
From: Q (raid517_AT_fairadsl.co.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 19:31:08 EET

Hmm, well I am at work atm so can't check. But I do know all my
configuration files are pretty much untouched. I haven't changed anything.

I don't know about rear speakers. I currently have no sound as I only have a
digital audio cable going to an external dolby decoder - and I'm trying to
get SPDIF to work.. I do know that if SPDIF does work the rear speakers
aren't used unless you are watching a Dolby Digital movie - that is what the
5:1 thing is all about. There are currenty only a very few music CDs
recorded in Dolby digital - and even fewer in DTS.

I hope this helps.

Looks like I am in the same boat as you...
What does the first line of /proc/asound/card0/ac97#0 say?

Also did you by any chance get the rear speakers working? I need a
detailed explenation, because it simply doesn't work for me.