[linux-audio-user] FluidSynth problem

Subject: [linux-audio-user] FluidSynth problem
From: Joerg Anders (j.anders_AT_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 16:45:12 EET

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> I'm not quite sure that these are about SF2. The first one uses Timidity,

I would use TiMidity++ But in contrast to FluidSynth this program
loads every instrument (program) immediately before it is
needed.

This leads to gaps if a new instrument begins to play.

FluidSynth (seems to) load(s) the whole soundfont into
the ram AT program start.

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja_AT_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)