Re: [linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted
From: Chris Cannam (cannam_AT_all-day-breakfast.com)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 00:41:26 EET

On Thursday 27 November 2003 22:31, davidrclark_AT_earthlink.net wrote:
> Rosegarden is much, much worse [at dropping notes] for me
> than any Windows sequencers I have.

If you're using Rosegarden-4 0.9.1 or earlier, then be aware that the
0.9.5 release -- which will probably come out tomorrow -- has a vastly
improved sequencer-GUI comms layer over the nasty kludge that was in
0.9.1, and hence sequences a lot more smoothly. There are still some
file prefetch issues to be worked out on the audio side, but MIDI is
generally very solid (for me at least) these days.

If you're already using the CVS version and hence already have
everything that'll be in 0.9.5, then... erm... say so, I guess.

Chris