Re: [linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted
From: davidrclark_AT_earthlink.net
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 00:31:48 EET

Has anyone else seen dropping of notes with EMU10K1 ALSA drivers mentioned by Joerg during wavetable synthesis?

I have seen dropping of notes with both EMU10K1 and ICE1712 EXTERNAL MPU-401, but I don't believe this is because of the drivers. Neither Muse nor Rosegarden function well on my machine, but pmidi has absolutely no problems. I have been assuming that these dropped notes are due to the larger load of GUI MIDI sequencers versus command-line sequencers, not the drivers. Rosegarden is worst, Muse next. BTW, Rosegarden is much, much worse for me than any Windows sequencers I have. I run 2.4.20 with the usual kernel patches for low-latency.

Just curious about what others have seen. Thanks!