Re: [linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted
From: Joerg Anders (j.anders_AT_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 10:41:27 EET

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 davidrclark_AT_earthlink.net wrote:

> Has anyone else seen dropping of notes with EMU10K1
> ALSA drivers mentioned by Joerg during wavetable synthesis?

The bug is well know by the driver developers. Please
have a look at

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Creative+Labs&card=Soundblaster+Audigy+Platinum&chip=Audigy&module=emu10k1

> I have seen dropping of notes with both EMU10K1
> and ICE1712 EXTERNAL MPU-401, but I don't believe
> this is because of the drivers.

It has nothing to do with the sequencer. Please have
a look at:

http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/DROP/gap.html

There is an example which always causes droped notes.
Independent of which sequencer you are using.

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja_AT_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)