Re: [linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted
From: Chris Cannam (cannam_AT_all-day-breakfast.com)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 17:49:11 EET

On Friday 28 Nov 2003 3:33 pm, Mark Constable wrote:
> Are you sure they are all meant to be the same pitch ? The
> fluidsynth notes seem to be almost a semi-tone too high.

Oh yes! No wonder I couldn't get my own version to match up.

Here's the same thing using first the violin patch and then the
"tremolo strings" (string ensemble) patch of Musica Theory 2
in Fluidsynth:

 http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/rosegarden/tmp/violins.mp3
 http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/rosegarden/tmp/strings.mp3

As you hear, they both have some attack but the second is far more
pronounced. The first is the patch that I originally thought the
discussion was about.

Chris