Re: [linux-audio-user] stretching sound

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] stretching sound
From: Oyvind Hammer (oyvind.hammer_AT_nhm.uio.no)
Date: Sat Nov 29 2003 - 12:51:42 EET

Hi, if you have short echoes that annoy you, you should decrease
the window length. For your relatively simple spectra and
relatively fast dynamics (piano attacks) I would guess that
1024 or perhaps 2048 should be good, and similar for fft length.
*Not* as high as possible!

Window type doesn't matter much - I usually use Hanning (not Hamming).

I don't know what program you are using, but I assume that "windows per
second" has to do with overlap. If you do very long stretches, you might
like to increase this value, but otherwise it shouldn't matter much.

Dr. Oyvind Hammer, senior researcher
PGP - Physics of Geological Processes
University of Oslo