Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA: What is the website missing?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA: What is the website missing?
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 20:16:15 EET

tim hall wrote:

> tbh: the only thing I've actually used the site for is soundcard info. The
> idea of a facelift sounds good, this might prompt me to look at the rest of
> the site. The front page is rather 'dry' and looks like it's only intended
> for developers/experienced users - I'm also not keen on that pale grey-green
> colour, but that's a personal thing. A more informative & extensive contents
> listing here would probably encourage me to use more of the site.

I'm trying to find a way to keep the dry factor while still making it
accessible to newbies. WIP. I worry that people won't feel it is
professionally oriented if the site is too funky ;) On the other hand a
design that is clean and appealing to read is a good target.

> I don't know if 'rating' is quite the thing. But info on things like
> soundfont support, whether the external MIDI port is known to work or not
> would be useful info.

This seems to be the general consensus. However we need to figure out a
good way to get this info. Currently we rely on the user contributions
and the wiki to do the job. If there is a better way we should find it.

> and while we're at it:
> http://www.agnula.org/documentation/dp_tutorials/alsa_jack_ladspa/

This is new. I have added it on my local copy.

> and these also may be useful:
> http://www.suse.de/~mana/alsa090_howto.html
> http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=AlsaGlossary

Already included on Docs page.

> http://www.alsa-project.org/~goemon

This has been replaced about a year and a half ago by the current pages

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street. Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM