[linux-audio-user] License free Linux ??

Subject: [linux-audio-user] License free Linux ??
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 20:57:26 EET

While browsing your site I noticed you are promoting your software as
running on a license free Linux OS.

You should be aware that Linux software is generally provided under two
Licenses. The GNU Public License(GPL) and the Lesser GNU Public
License(LGPL).

It is a gross misrepresentation of the GPL/LGPL to mislead your
customers into thinking they are buying a license free product.

In the interests of promoting your goods fairly it is your obligation to
inform your customers they are buying into the GNU Public License(GPL).
  While Linux software is usually free as in beer and speech it is not
license free.

We are waiting for your action and response. Please be aware that many
people read the LAU list which I have included in this post. Some of
them even write articles for well known audio publications.

Best regards.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com