Re: [linux-audio-user] License free Linux ??

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] License free Linux ??
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 22:54:02 EET

Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> On which pages do they do that?
>
> I have visited their site and only found "License-free" hidden on this page:
> http://www.museresearch.com/technology_architecture.php
>
> The term "License-free" is not correct and they should correct that. But I
> really do not think that this is a reason to threaten them with the Linux
> Audio Users community.

Ain't gonna hurt noone :p

Have you seen what's happening to the audacity project?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2572777204&category=15199

It's got to the point where they need legal help. The guy is making a
few false statements like he has community support and is giving money
back to the developers.

IMO there are going to be a few rip off artists trying to make a quick
buck off our work over the next few years while the market expands and
in the process making false statements to lure customers. It doesn't
make us look professional if we accept it.

Better to lead with the right in cases like these.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street. Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM