[linux-audio-user] Firewire, what's the story?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Firewire, what's the story?
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 18:26:17 EET

Hi,

I recently read about the new MotU 828mkII (Firewire 8in/8out interface). This
sparked a enewed interest in Firewire and I looked around for other
interfaces. I found the Presonus Firestation (among others), it that seemed
to be very good value for money. (the MotU ain't bad either, but a bit on the
expensive side.)

A laptop + such an interface would in may opinion make a great pair!

So, does anyone have a clue if any of these are likely to work under linux
anytime soon?
The Firestation seems to use mLAN, I know I've seen talk about it here before.
I have no idea whether mLAN would make the chances better or worse ;).

/Robert