[linux-audio-user] Skipping audio output?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Skipping audio output?
From: Anthony DiSante (orders_AT_nodivisions.com)
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 18:24:21 EET

Hello,

When I'm running an audio app like XMMS to play music, the sound skips
somewhat frequently (maybe 5 times in the course of an album). That's with
no load on the system, and nothing using the processor heavily. However if
I do something that peaks the CPU (like dragging a window around really
fast), this also causes the sound to skip immediately.

I recently installed jack and ardour and mean to install the low-latency
kernel patches when I get around to it; they are mentioned here:

http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/faq.php3

But I'm wondering, is this XMMS audio-skipping problem related to that too?
  Will intalling the low-latency patches help with that?

Thanks,
Anthony
http://nodivisions.com/