[linux-audio-user] Video card and sound

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Video card and sound
From: Robert Epprecht (epprecht_AT_solnet.ch)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 19:02:25 EET

There are some issues with video cards and sound:

* First of all I want the video card to be quiet!
  I do not need the fastest and hottest one...

* I guess, onboard grafics are problematic, as they don't have separate RAM.
  Memory operations could be slowed down in applications. Is this true?

Are there other sound related issues I should be aware of,
when choosing a video card?

Robert Epprecht