Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Firewire, what's the story?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Firewire, what's the story?
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 14:32:37 EET

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 12:20:19 +0100, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> Oh my!
>
> I wonder what the price for one of these would amount to...
> http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=18&page=1

Its about EUR800.

and heres another one:
http://sound-on-sound2.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=215094572&f=594090574&m=5823013067&r=5823013067

(UKP450 is about EUR650)

I think linux is loosing out by not supporting any of these. They seem to
be a better option than USB devices for higher end stuff, while being
cheaper than the PCMCIA stuff.

- Steve