[linux-audio-user] Re: Is the Linux desktop really here ?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Is the Linux desktop really here ?
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 16:46:32 EET

Monday 08 December 2003 15.26 skrev eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net:
> Dave,
>
> The one thing that I would do (I had to do this for my wife because she
> has to have Excel for her job) is to buy Crossover Office and Crossover
> plugin so that you can load Micro$oft Orifice and some nice browser
> plugins. It's well worth the 70 bucks and then they don't have to worry
> about format problems. Of course, you do have to own a copy of Micro$oft
> Orifice first ;-) Do you get the feeling that I'm not a big fan of
> Micro$oft ;-D

It's nice to know I'm not the only one that go out of my way to avoid the
perils of the evil empire ;)

There is however one thing that I have yet failed to get working.
I've got a bunch of old games made with Macromedia that my kids like to play.
It looks darn impossible to get them working though, probably too old,
16-bit... not supported by anything...

/Robert