Re: [linux-audio-user] JACK session management.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] JACK session management.
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 02:08:09 EET

Hi,

--- Taybin Rutkin <taybin_AT_earthlink.net> wrote:
> qjackctl has had some sort of session management
> feature in it for a couple releases now. I haven't
> used it, but it looks workable.

I was just playing with it and it works great for
saving routing configurations which is half the
battle. It doesn't seem to be designed for starting
clients which might be the other half of the session
management challange--I suppose. Perhaps that feature
is on the TODO.

There's a feature for auto reconnecting routes that
disconnect. Create a patchbay profile, 'disconnect
all' and then "all" will auto reconnect.

It also has audio and midi routing and transport
control play and pause. Today was the first day of
really playing with it. Very nice solution.

ron