Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour and Hydrogen sync through Jack!!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour and Hydrogen sync through Jack!!
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 11:00:39 EET

Hi,

--- Jack O'Quin <joq_AT_io.com> wrote:
> Tom Hemba <tomhemba_AT_bigfoot.com> writes:
>
> > Moving the Ardour transport (i.e. rewind or fast
> forward) moves the
> > position in Hydrogen (in song mode) and Jack as
> well - so if you use
> > Hydrogen in pattern mode you get a clean sync
> between the two!
> >
> > Well, just thought I'd pass on the news. :-)
>
> Thanks, that's good to hear.

Very cool, and have been enjoying it. However, I
wonder if Hydrogen is fully implementing JOQ's design.

Hydrogen retains the "slave" concept, now officially
inappropriate in California, and when in "slave" mode,
Hydrogen is unable to initiate Transport actions. It
only responds, ie hit Play in JAMin and Hydrogen plays
right along.

Jack, as I understand your design, one client must be
time base master but any client can initiate Transport
actions. Is this correct?

> Controlling ardour and hydrogen in sample sync is
> really a powerful
> combination. I bet one or two of our favorite MIDI
> sequencers will
> not be far behind. :-)

You got some inside information you're holding? :)