[linux-audio-user] linux kernel 2.6.0

Subject: [linux-audio-user] linux kernel 2.6.0
From: aguerrier (aguerrier_AT_bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 18:55:07 EET

Hi
What sort of improvements are we(linux-audio-users) to expect upon
upgrading the kernel of our DAW to 2.6.0? I am asking the question to
get some knowledge and start a nice discussion. I have read 'The
Wonderful World of Linux 2.6' on http://www.kniggit.net/wwol26.html
There is a nice paragraph on 'audio and multimedia'; it mentions ALSA's
inclusion in the kernel and improvements in USB Audio and MIDI devices
and some upgrade in Video4Linux subsystem, as well.
What does it all mean to our day-to-day productivity? Should I now get
the M-Audio Firewire 410, because its functionality might/probably have
improved?
Any thoughts?
Adler