[linux-audio-user] JACK low latency performance

Subject: [linux-audio-user] JACK low latency performance
From: Vincent Touquet (vincent.touquet_AT_pandora.be)
Date: Sat Dec 20 2003 - 20:31:43 EET

Noticed some threads of low latency on Linux kernel 2.4.x (patched) vs 2.6.

I was wondering how the Darwin kernel compared to the Linux kernel ?
Any people running jack on OS X ?
At least the jackit.sf.net site states that it runs on OS X, but I have yet
to hear on how it actually performs on OS X. I would hope that the OS X kernel
was at least a bit more tuned to low latency multimedia work than a vanilla
2.4 or 2.6 ?

regards

Vincent