Re: [linux-audio-user] beeps are going to break my ears

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] beeps are going to break my ears
From: Guy Clotilde (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 07:52:15 EET

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:51:37 -0800 (PST), george bush wrote / a écrit:

> the accidental beep sound is too loud
> comparing to the music thing
> expected to come out
>
> is there a way to simply get rid of beep
> or
> make the volume of beep (only) smaller

Well I took the straight way: I opened my machine and disconnected the internal speaker cable. So no more annoying beeps!!! No one at completion and no one at startup (if I need to hear the diagnostic beeps when sometimes goes wrong, I will connect it).

By the way, on my two Redhat 8.0 machines, I have to tab twice before completion shows the file names. I remember with Mandrake that I only had to tab once. I really like the one-push-tab so if someone knows how to enable this, please enlighten me.

cheers
GuyCLO~
#219055 http://counter.li.org
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/index.html
Change your Linux PC in a Rythm Station with holborn's GMORGAN:
http://gmorgan.sf.net