Re: [linux-audio-user] Kernels, and disk I/O

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Kernels, and disk I/O
From: Anahata (anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 12:35:23 EET

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 10:48:27AM +0100, Maarten de Boer wrote:
> > The kernel has no low-latency patches applied.
>
> That will make a difference.

Good...

> > 2. Upgrade to 2.4.22
>
> Well, why not?

The only reason not to do that is if it doesn't fix the problem...

> > 3. Upgrade to 2.6.0
>
> That's a though question..

Eaxctly - may create more problems than it solves.

> since you are using Debian, you might want to build a
> debian kernel package. It's a bit tricky if it's the first time you do
> it, but applying patches is done nicely for you. If you want to walk
> this road, let me know

I would appreciate some hints on this, by private mail I guess as it's a
bit OT for the list. I have recompiled my kernel so I'm familiar with
that process, but not with making it into a Debian kernel package.

--
Anahata
anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk       Tel: 01638 720444