Re: [linux-audio-user] beeps are going to break my ears

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] beeps are going to break my ears
From: Guy Daniel CLOTILDE (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 18:54:52 EET

Steve Harris wrote / a écrit:
> You need to set the bash variable "show-all-if-ambiguous" to on,
> I think that would be
> # set show-all-if-ambiguous on
> but it doesnt work for me.

Thanks for the informations, I managed to find an easy way to look in the big "man bash" :)

I typed
        locate bash | grep man
so I found a bash.1.gz, I un-gzip-ed it, launched a
        grep show bash.1 -n
found the line #4422 , and it said:

.B show-all-if-ambiguous (Off)
This alters the default behavior of the completion functions. If
set to on ,
words which have more than one possible completion cause the
matches to be listed immediately instead of ringing the bell.

meaning that "set show-all-if-ambiguous on" should do what I want... but it doesn't. Shame!

regards
GuyCLO~