Re: Linux shell tips, was Re: [linux-audio-user] beeps are going to break my ears

Subject: Re: Linux shell tips, was Re: [linux-audio-user] beeps are going to break my ears
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 00:56:54 EET

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 10:18:17PM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Cool, I didn't know that last one. I constanly also use M-. to input
> the previous last argument.

really nice, i didn't know that one :-)

> And then there is
> bash's programmable completion, which is way cool for example because
> it can do:
>
> $ ssh <TAB>
> shell.sourceforge.net
> shell2.sourceforge.net

I need to set that up in a BIG way :-)

one more:
i recently watched a *nix wizard navigate his way around by using
pushd and popd, which are like cd except that manage a stack
of visited directories which you can use like the forward / back
buttons on a browser. I've never bothered with those but I have to
say this guy was pretty quick.

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com Look! Up in the sky! It's SUPER LEGIONAIRE A-THON! (random hero from isometric.spaceninja.com)