Re: [linux-audio-user] beeps are going to break my ears

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] beeps are going to break my ears
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 13:18:25 EET

>From: george bush <freakjazz_AT_yahoo.com>
>
>how are you experts getting along with beep ?

Not at all. Computer geeks should be forced to go to computer
ergonomics course. One should also invent a silent mouse where
no button clicks are heard. Specially in audio processing such
clicks are not wanted.

If "xset b off" don't work (as it didn't here), try "xset b 0 0"
(check manual page for the details as I don't remember how many
zeros one have to put there).

Regards,
Juhana