Re: [linux-audio-user] beeps are going to break my ears

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] beeps are going to break my ears
From: Anthony DiSante (orders_AT_nodivisions.com)
Date: Sat Dec 27 2003 - 11:42:01 EET

Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
>>From: george bush <freakjazz_AT_yahoo.com>
>>
>>how are you experts getting along with beep ?
>

> Not at all. Computer geeks should be forced to go to computer
> ergonomics course. One should also invent a silent mouse where
> no button clicks are heard. Specially in audio processing such
> clicks are not wanted.
>
> If "xset b off" don't work (as it didn't here), try "xset b 0 0"
> (check manual page for the details as I don't remember how many
> zeros one have to put there).

I'm late to this thread, so my apologies if this was already mentioned, but:

echo -e "\\33[10;45]\\33[11;0]"

...will mute the beep in the bash shell. (from
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Visual-Bell-4.html) I just put that line into a
shell script called /bin/beepoff and run it when I want it. The HOWTO has
much more info.

-Anthony
http://nodivisions.com/