[linux-audio-user] Re:Compiling!

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re:Compiling!
From: David Baron (d_baron_AT_012.net.il)
Date: Sun Dec 28 2003 - 09:53:31 EET

While the audio and MIDI still do not work on my linux, I downloaded a few
packages to look at them. Gmorgan, Audour, etc.

Once they FINALLY untar, the seemingly simple and by now familiar:
./configure; make; make install. NO GO.

1. Configure--usually looking for a certain automake version. This test is
in error, but easy enough to fix up. The version string is defined up front.
Edite to what you have on your system. Now, if you've installed any needed
libraries, configure should run.

2. Make--complains about locale, defaults at least, requesting en_us, etc.
Only problem with this is that my environment IS set that way. Then it
complains about recursive directory references and aborts. A subdirectory
with the same name of one of its ancestors is not necessarily a recursive
reference so this is also a programming error. So I rerun with a
do-it-anyway option -B. Still gets to some point and aborts.

3. Make install--actually the same comments apply. After that, obviously
will not install what was not compiled.