Re: [linux-audio-user] Suitable distro for audio works: Debian Stable -> Unstable

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Suitable distro for audio works: Debian Stable -> Unstable
From: derek holzer (derek_AT_x-i.net)
Date: Sun Dec 28 2003 - 23:18:57 EET

Hi gang,

On Thursday 25 December 2003 08:46, Erik Steffl wrote:

>> I am using unstable (pretty much all the time, except of short period
>>when I tried testing) and can't see any reason why bothering with mixing
>> various versions (stable, testing, unstable).

Just a quick note: trying to 'apt-get install demudi-all' over anything
but Debian Woody will end in tears. My experience is that newer KDE
packages, in particular, create a rat's-nest of dependencies which get
quickly broken by down-grading to the needs of the DeMuDi packages,
especially qjackctl and some of the midi ones that use QT. Afraid you'll
have to choose between a fancy desktop and a full-on DeMuDi box for the
time being...

best,
D.

--