Re: [linux-audio-user] Recording from SPDIF with Audiophile

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Recording from SPDIF with Audiophile
From: lau_AT_hippie-online.de
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 16:02:01 EET

Mark Constable wrote:

> http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?action=find&find=envy24control
>
> Probably more exciting info somewhere but the above may help.

Thank you. There is some information about installing and OSS emulation,
but unfortunately nothing helpful about how to use envy24control.

Harald Milz wrote:

> man arecord maybe.

In the meantime I tried to use arecord (which unfortunately does not
provide man pages) to avoid OSS emulation problems:

 arecord -f dat test.wav

produces mute files again. However it works with

 arecord -f S16_LE -r 48000 test.wav

*but* this results in a mono file with too low signal level.

I also did not succeed in playing around with the
recording/muting/volume settings of alsamixer. :-(

 HippiE