Re[2]: [linux-audio-user] Audio 3-D Demo --- Any Interest in Software?

Subject: Re[2]: [linux-audio-user] Audio 3-D Demo --- Any Interest in Software?
From: davidrclark_AT_earthlink.net
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 02:14:14 EET

Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

Previously I had asked if anyone would be interested in my packaging
some of my work so that others could use it. As you may know, this can
be a daunting task, and I wanted to know whether or not anyone would
find the "capability" useful before dumping a lot of time in creating
a useable "program." It's like before I build you a car, I ask you
if you have any need for transportation.

If everyone is happy with the second (and fourth) clip, then I won't
bother trying to write the requisite GUI interface and docs that
I need to convince everyone to look at. I'm perfectly happy with
my command-line and scripts, what I have called a "retro-UNIX" environment,
for audio.

So my question is whether or not anyone else has a use or need for this
type of sound --- vastly improved headphone sound? This is a way of
creating accurate but simulated binaural recordings for larger rooms from
a monophonic, dry signal. It's a better way of producing what you actually
hear in a room than that which is done with the typical mixer and synth.

Thanks again for your response.

Regards,
Dave.