Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Recording Internet Stream, Duplex, Help!?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Recording Internet Stream, Duplex, Help!?
From: Florian Schmidt (mista.tapas_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 02:09:51 EET

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 18:44:46 -0500
Paul <set_AT_pobox.com> wrote:

> Hi;
>
> This worked for me:
>
> #> arecord -f cd -t wav -D hw:0 out.wav
>
> I was able to record a song played with mplayer, and
> also the sound from this amusing flash thing:

Hi, it usually depends on your mixer settings which stream you capture.
With my soundcard (cs46xx) i can select either Mic, Line-in, Aux, Mix
Mono, or Mix for capturing. Selecting Mix captures everything that's
played out of the soundcard. So this way i can easily record anything
that's played back by any app..

Flo