[linux-audio-user] Re: Recording Internet Stream, Duplex, Help!?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Recording Internet Stream, Duplex, Help!?
From: Paul (set_AT_pobox.com)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 01:44:46 EET

Ed <lau_AT_frosch.org>, on Sat Jan 24, 2004 [06:07:08 PM] said:
> Hi LAU,
>
> OK, after 4 hours on this and enough Googling to break my keyboard, I
> have to admit defeat.
>
> What I Want To Do:
>
> 1. Load a web page containing a Flash Film
> 2. Play the Flash Film
> 3. Record any sound the Flash Film delivers to a WAV file.
> 4. Maybe post-process the WAV into Ogg, MP3, etc.
>
> What I Have (Hardware + Software):
>
> 1. SB Audigy
> 2. Alsa kernel drivers, 1.0.0 RC2
> 3. Alsa libs, 1.0.0 RC2
> 4. Jack, compiled with the above Alsa libs
> 5. Ecasound, compiled with the Alsa libs and Jack
>
> What works:
>
> 1. Sound from CD, System beeps, etc. works
>
> What doesn't work:
>
> 1. Alsa: arecord -f cd -o test.wav, when playing an Ogg file, e.g.
> 2. Ecasound: ecasound -i:alsahw,0 -o test.wav, when playing an Ogg
> file, e.g.

        Hi;

        This worked for me:

#> arecord -f cd -t wav -D hw:0 out.wav

        I was able to record a song played with mplayer, and
also the sound from this amusing flash thing:

(perhaps smacking the 'pinguin' will relieve some frustration;)
http://www.meph.eu.org/

        I believe mozilla was using esd.
        I had to toggle capture in alsamixer on both something
labled 'Capture' and 'Mix'.
        Using a SB audioPCI 128.

Paul
set_AT_pobox.com