Re: [linux-audio-user] linux and alsaplayer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] linux and alsaplayer
From: Christophe Vescovi (vescovi_AT_lpsc.in2p3.fr)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 13:17:17 EET

James Stone a écrit :

>> I did the rt-capability operation.Now alsaplayer and ardour
>>are doing fine with jackstart.
>>Muse doesnt like this way.With jackstart it still needs to be root for
>>starting,but then it crashes.It still works when jack is started the old
>>way (as root).
>>The qeustion is who is to blame :me,jack or muse?
>>
>>Thanks for the help
>>
>>Jaap van Geffen
>>

> You have to compile muse with the --enable-rtcap option or change the
> muse executable to suid (chmod +s /usr/local/bin/muse or whatever).
>
> James

I think the --enable-rtcap option is broken in the latest Muse release.
At least the last time I try it was not able to compile givertcap.c. I
think it has something to do why Muse wanting to compile it with gcc
instead of g++ (Tommi Ilmonen file is givertcap.C and not givertcap.c as
in Muse). I am not sure it's the only problem .... otherwise it should
be easily fixed.

What is working is the --enable-suid-install option.

Christophe