Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: sound & midi applications page, was Re: [Consortium] linuxaudio.org

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: sound & midi applications page, was Re: [Consortium] linuxaudio.org
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 00:19:55 EET

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 07:03:15AM -0500, Robin Y. Millette wrote:

> Dave Phillips wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > IIRC, we also discerned that one of the first tasks would be the
> > establishment of a backend database from the existing links
> > and categories (which I would like to see redefined too). The URLs would
> > need culled and organized: I don't think this would
> > be a terribly difficult first step, maybe a good Perl script can do it ?
> > Is PW not a Perlmeister ?? ;)
>
> [snip]
>
> I'd be interested in doing this first step. Can I propose a simple csv file for
> now? That or db - I have a little time and could write the scripts to parse your
> website.

Thanks very much for the offer, but as I've said, it's premature.
I want to have the system design *solid* before dumping in all the data.

I will post a request for this kind of help when I think I'm ready.

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com Look! Up in the sky! It's QUASI BLAZER TROLL! (random hero from isometric.spaceninja.com)