[linux-audio-user] Re: sound & midi applications page, was Re: [Consortium] linuxaudio.org

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: sound & midi applications page, was Re: [Consortium] linuxaudio.org
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 00:31:03 EET

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 09:47:55AM +0000, Richard Bown wrote:
> On Saturday 31 January 2004 21:35, Paul Winkler wrote:
> > The topic is: a site to replace Dave Phillips' venerable,
> > labor-intensive, hand-maintained sound applications page.
> > It must allow visitors to easily add, update, and correct
> > entries for linux audio/music apps.
> > Probably also user reviews & commentary on applications.
>
> ObPlug: Our putative Linux Musician site is aiming to do exactly this kind of
> thing. Not a WIKI (because it is edited) but a place where people can post
> app links, reviews, tutorials etc. I'm not suggesting it's there to replace
> anything (before the flames come on) just augmenting what's already there and
> aimed squarely at the user/musician:

I just had another look (I've seen the site before and read
several of the articles). It's a very nice general-purpose "portal"
kinda site. But it doesn't have a full-featured app database features,
just links and very brief descriptions. So, I see this as nicely
complementary to what I want to do.

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com Look! Up in the sky! It's MICRO-ALLEGORICAL FLOSS ARCHER! (random hero from isometric.spaceninja.com)