[linux-audio-user] zipper noise during playback

Subject: [linux-audio-user] zipper noise during playback
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 05:37:02 EET

Greetings:

  I've already written to the usual lists about this problem, but as yet
I've read no solution.

  During playback of audio in JACK apps (Snd, Ardour, SC3) the sound wil
often start out fine but after a few minutes it begins to distort in a
"zipping" fashion, like it's out of sync with itself. After a few
minutes it returns to stability. It's starting to be a real problem for
me, so I thought I'd ask here again if anyone else has experienced this
problem and what did you do to fix it.

  Here's the system:

    Planet CCRMA RH 9 w. kernel 2.4.24-ll
    ALSA 1.0.1
    JACK 0.94
    SBLive Value
    gForce2 w. nVidia driver
    XFree86 4.3.0

  The machine is no screamer, an 800 MHz Duron, but I haven't had this
problem with it before. I have suspicions about the nVidia card and
driver, and I'm also wondering about moving the SBLive to another slot.
Any and all advice on this problem will be vastly appreciated.

  Btw, I don't have the problem during playback from XMMS or xine.

Best regards,

dp