Re: [linux-audio-user] toshiba A10 - S213 - bios and kernel

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] toshiba A10 - S213 - bios and kernel
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 12:30:16 EET

> I bought a laptop toshiba A10 - S213 pentium 4 - 516 Mo and I
> installed mandrake 9.2 on it, i use it with the multimedia kernel
> of mandrake. I would like to know if one of you could access to the
> bios of this kind of machine

On my Portege 7010 I have to hit Esc and F1 really fast as soon as the
Toshiba splash screen appears on power-up. Maybe you more recent
model is the same.

As for the soundcard priority problem, are you running the kdm login
manager? This can cause an X priority problem on mandrake, I've
found.

Cheers

Daniel