Re: [linux-audio-user] bad lag with audiophile 2496

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] bad lag with audiophile 2496
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 12:56:16 EET

> I've experienced this only with Audacity, and it's close to 6
> seconds. Stop works ok.

I think as the Audacity code has been reworked during the 1.1 and
1.2-pre series, the lag after clicking play or record has increased -
this is a purely subjective judgement on my part. On my machine its
more like 2 seconds.

I suspect this is to do with improved buffering design, as I very
rarely get any clicks or dropouts now.

Cheers

Daniel