[linux-audio-user] maybe a timidity bug

Subject: [linux-audio-user] maybe a timidity bug
From: Antonio (debianuser_AT_supereva.it)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 00:33:52 EET

Hi to all,

I've found a bugous beaviour in TiMidity++ version 2.11.3, shipped with
debian sid. I've alsa 1.0.1.

Starting timidity in server mode without -Os (alsa output) option:

$ timidity -iA

and than trying to connect a midi keyboard with

$ aconnect 64:0 128:0

it will freeze completly my system, I can save me from brutal reboot
only thanks to the _really_ magic sysrq key 'e'. Under X the sysrq key
'e' doesn't work.

I know that putting the -Os option is the right way but a freeze of the
system it is too much for a wrong option.

Does someone can confirm this beaviour?

Antonio.

PS Try it only in console, so you can recover with ALT+Stamp+e (at least
this works for me)