[linux-audio-user] RE: Noob, Latency, Mandrake and Dell....

Subject: [linux-audio-user] RE: Noob, Latency, Mandrake and Dell....
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 07:36:56 EET

> If I set Jack parameters in Qjackctl any lower than 1024 I get Xrun
> mayhem. (at 44100) I have also tried this running from consoles as
root
> and it does not seem to make much difference. Am I expecting too much?

Do you have /tmp mounted in ram?
If not, add this to /etc/fstab and reboot:
none /tmp/jack tmpfs defaults 0 0

Austin

I had "none /tmp ramfs defaults 0 0". It was shown this way on Thacs
website I think. But an error would pop up on boot.

I just added the lines you suggested without the /jack directory.
Version of Jack I'm using places files in "/tmp". No "/tmp/jack" there.
Will see if any improvement.

thanks